0) I recommend that you should use a separate UT installation for development. Just copy the UT folder to another directory for that. You can leave out the probably huge CACHE directory.
1) Download and install the XVehicles package into your development UT installation.
2) Choose a map that has enough space for XVehicles and open it in UnrealEd.
3) Load the files with the extension "u" that are needed for XVehicles into the Actor Class Browser: With XVehicles version 50 these are (from SYSTEM directory):
(The difference between Krath and KrathFactory is, that an added Krath will not respawn if destroyed. A KrathFactory respawns a vehicle after it was taken. That also applies to all other vehicles.)
4a) Save the map locally for later corrections, but with a different name (for example MH-XV-old name.unr). Usually you don't need to publish this map, but if you do so, verify that you are allowed to by original mapper.
4b) Choose Build > Play Level from UnrealEd's menu to run and test the modified map. (Keep in mind that if the mutator "XVehiclesMH" is not loaded, the vehicles do not have shields nor armor and are quite weak. Also the fixgun is not added automatically.)
Repeat these steps (4/a/b) for different vehicles and locations. The strength of the vehicles should match the monsters strength and amount.
5) If these modifications should run on Barbies Monsterhunt Tank World, you can either send me the modifications by E-Mail (SeriousBarbie AT barbies DOT world), here in forum as PM or create a thread in this subforum.
Only the modifications are needed: select the vehicles and vehicle factories and choose Edit > Copy in UnrealEd menu and paste that into your EMail or forum thread. It may look like this example:
(In fact, only Class, Location and Rotation are needed usually.)
Example for Unreal Actors as Text
Code: Select all
Begin Map Begin Actor Class=JeepSDXFactory Name=JeepSDXFactory0 bDynamicLight=True Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0' Tag="JeepSDXFactory" Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=263,ZoneNumber=1) Location=(X=880.000000,Y=2640.000000,Z=-196.000000) Rotation=(Yaw=32696) OldLocation=(X=880.000000,Y=2640.000000,Z=-195.899994) bSelected=True Name="JeepSDXFactory0" End Actor Begin Actor Class=JeepTDXFactory Name=JeepTDXFactory0 bDynamicLight=True Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0' Tag="JeepTDXFactory" Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=263,ZoneNumber=1) Location=(X=880.000000,Y=2898.000000,Z=-196.000000) Rotation=(Yaw=32696) OldLocation=(X=896.000000,Y=2896.000000,Z=-195.899994) bSelected=True Name="JeepTDXFactory0" End Actor Begin Actor Class=MantaFactory Name=MantaFactory0 bDynamicLight=True Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0' Tag="MantaFactory" Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=263,ZoneNumber=1) Location=(X=880.000000,Y=3146.000000,Z=-210.000000) Rotation=(Yaw=32704) OldLocation=(X=880.000000,Y=3056.000000,Z=-209.899994) bSelected=True Name="MantaFactory0" End Actor End Map
Thanks for help.