Aphex can you do the same please? Because in your screenshot some settings are missing.
Sure thing!
Code: Select all
[D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
ZRangeHack=True
NoAATiles=True
NumAASamples=4
UseAA=False
UseSoftwareVertexProcessing=False
UsePureDevice=True
UseTripleBuffering=False
MaskedTextureHack=True
SmoothMaskedTextures=False
SceneNodeHack=True
FrameRateLimit=0
SwapInterval=0
UseFragmentProgram=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=False
DetailMax=2
RefreshRate=0
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=16
Use565Textures=True
Use16BitTextures=True
UseS3TC=True
UseTrilinear=False
UsePrecache=True
UseMultiTexture=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.500000
LODBias=0.000000
DetailTextures=True
DescFlags=1
HighDetailActors=True
Coronas=True
ShinySurfaces=True
VolumetricLighting=True
SurfaceSelectionColor=(R=0,G=0,B=31,A=31)
UseShaderGamma=Always
Description=
Code: Select all
[d3d11drv.D3D11RenderDevice]
LightMode=OneXBlending
GammaMode=D3D9
AntialiasMode=MSAA_4x
RefreshRate=0
LODBias=-8.000000
BloomAmount=128
Bloom=False
HdrScale=128
Hdr=False
GrayFormula=1
Saturation=255
Contrast=128
LinearBrightness=128
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=1.500000
UseDebugLayer=False
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
UsePrecache=True
UseVSync=False
UseLightmapAtlas=False
DetailTextures=True
DescFlags=1
Description=
HighDetailActors=True
Coronas=True
ShinySurfaces=True
VolumetricLighting=True
There's also "IC Bind" which has 8x AA – try it!
Code: Select all
[ICBINDx11Drv.ICBINDx11RenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
NumAASamples=8
NumAFSamples=16
3DLineThickness=1.500000
OrthoLineThickness=1.200000
bDebugSelection=False
bDisableDebugInterface=True
bDisableSDKLayers=True
UseVSync=False
ResolutionScale=1.000000
SceneNodeHack=False
GammaOffset=3.500000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
bOneXLightmaps=True
bEnableCorrectFogging=True
GammaMode=DX9
AdditionalHDRExpansion=1.000000
UseDX9FlatColor=False
MaskedAlphaReject=0.500000
HDRWhiteBalanceNits=80
DepthDrawZLimit=5000.000000
bUsePrecompiledShaders=False
bUseForcedSampleCount=True
bSmoothHudTiles=True
SmoothMaskedAlphaReject=0.200000
DisableFreeGSync=False
bBicubicLightmaps=True
ScreenFormat=HDR16
AutodetectedWhiteBalance=80
ActorSelectionColor=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=255)
SurfaceSelectionColor=(R=0,G=0,B=255,A=128)
DescFlags=1
Description=
So maybe there is something to change in the Nvidia control panel?
I think there's no such setting specific for d3d, only "general" ones. But if your card supports some advanced AA like TAA (which may not have these issue), it can be only forced from that Control Panel
Its a wrapper for Linux using Wine. I dont see how it can be better than native Windows support?
It's not only for Linux. Last Win version of Half-life 2 from Steam has this DXVK pre-installed, and you can choose it in launch options.
Also one day I played a D3D game on Linux through Wine – it was faster than on Windows
Native Windows support seems only better in XP, which has more direct device access.
Vulcan, on the other hand, is more efficient API than DirectX 11 by design.
DX9 on UT works much faster (and better), but I think it's only question of time until they optimize DX11 renderer as well.
So, for older d3d (lower than 12, which ships by default in Win10) it's much faster to use DXVK even though it's Wrapper.
that's why I advised – it really improves performance. I also didn't believe until I tested – you can also test and decide
Maybe a false positive for D3D11.dll but I dont like that:
Yes false positive.
I also asked around, and it seems that this "more moire" is sign of "high precision" in rendering, which may explain why Vulkan also has this. Strange?
Vulkan is fast but its using a lot of CPU. And also has the moiré effect.
And what about OpenGL? There's lots of settings, and it's very fast, faster than Vulkan even.